Well Kiddo, Quentin 9 years old, will cook his favorite holiday salad for you.
The Q’s Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small cucumber
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 romaine heart
- 3 scallions
- 2 ½ cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp mustard
- Apple cider vinegar to taste
These are the ingredients I need for my Quinoa Salad.
- First we soaked the quinoa in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and then cook in 2 ½ cups vegetable broth for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Let cool off. Meanwhile cut the vegetables and cheese into tiny cubes.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Mix cooled off quinoa with cubed vegetables and cheese.
- Mix vinaigrette with salad.
Enjoy your quinoa salad and don’t forget to share :)!