Halloween can be taunting – let’s think about how we can make healthy and green choices for this scary season of the year and keep the fun!
- Get costumes used at a local thrift store or try to organize a Costume Swap at your kid’s school!
- Give away little treasures instead of store bought candy (kids love sea shells, polished rocks or spooky pencils).
- If a sweet treat is part of Halloween for you try one of the following: Clif Kid’s Z Bar “Spooky S’mores”, Endagered Species Chocolate “Bug Bites” or Glee Gum “Mini’s”.
- Use a reusable candy pail and fun flash lights instead of glowing sticks.
- Trick or Treat for Good – use a decorated coffee tin or milk jug to collect donations for a local charity or UNICEF (find details here).