By The Crawford’s
Get your daily greens – right now the abundance of leafy green vegetables are visible in every produce aisle. This recipe is a family favorite and we created it to our taste over the years. For a creamier version try to substitute with Greek yoghurt or coconut milk. Explore!
Ingredients Chard-Yogurt Sauce, shiitake mushrooms optional 🙂
- 1 bunch chard, cleaned, leaves cut in stripes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Sauteeing the veggies
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until tender about 5 minutes.
- Add chard (washed and cut into strips, remove the white stem) and sautee for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some salt and grind in some pepper.
- Take off heat and transfer into food processor.
- Add yogurt and blend until desired texture (we like it chunky and add some shiitake mushrooms to the sauteeing chard).
Tip: Delicious over pasta, quinoa or rice alike.