Please enjoy another delicious and vegan recipe by Executive Chef Jason Wyrick of the The Vegan Culinary Experience (www.veganculinaryexperience.com):
Type: Main Dish Serves: 2
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 small Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. of Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. of caraway seeds
- 1/3 tsp. of salt
- 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, whole
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of cooked small noodles
- Slice the onion into thin strips.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the potatoes and set them aside.
- Over a medium heat, sauté the onion until it is lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 more minute.
- Add the mushrooms, paprika, pepper, caraway seeds, and salt and immediately remove the pot from
- the heat.
- Stir this for about 1 minute.
- Add the water and potatoes and return the pot to the heat.
- Simmer this until the potato softens (about 8 minutes).
- Cook the noodles while the soup cooks.
- Serve over noodles.